Minty and chocolatey with a touch of chai, this brownie recipe comes to us from local maker Blue Lotus Chai in Eugene. Simply bake, chill, frost and enjoy!
7 T melted butter
¾ c cane sugar
2½ oz unsweetened chocolate, melted
½ c all-purpose flour
1/8 t salt
2 T Mint Masala Chai
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Whisk eggs well.
- Mix in butter & sugar until creamy. Add chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, add dry remaining ingredients: flour, salt, and Blue Lotus Chai.
- Mix then pour into a greased baking pan or tray.
- Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Ice with chocolate chai frosting.
1 c heavy cream
2 T hot water
¾ t Blue Lotus Chai – Traditional Masala Chai
½ c granulated sugar or powdered sugar
2 T cocoa
- Dissolve Blue Lotus Chai in small bowl with hot water; stir until dissolved.
- Choose 2 bowls of different size. Round, stainless steel bowls work great.
- Put ice cubes and water into the larger bowl.
- Place the smaller bowl in it – this will help the whip cream form peaks more quickly.
- Pour whip cream into the small bowl.
- Add dissolved Blue Lotus Chai, cocoa and sugar.
- Whip with an electric mixer until peaks form.