It’s almost the 2020s not the 1960s, but fondue is still a party staple! If you are searching for a fun dessert for your New Year’s Eve party, you’ll love Mindy Lockard’s simple and tasty chocolate fondue. This treat gets everyone involved and makes waiting for the ball to drop extra sweet. All you need is chocolate chips, coconut milk, heavy cream, vanilla extract, skewers and all your favorites for dipping. Your family will ask you to fondue this recipe year after year!
What should I dip in chocolate fondue?
Whatever you want! You can prepare all of the dippable sweets yourself or you can ask your guests to bring their favorites. Mindy recommends small brownie bites, macaroons, strawberries and dried fruits from your Market Bulk Department, like dried bananas, pineapple and mango. You can also mix up this recipe up by using white chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Other options include large marshmallows, pretzels, rice crispy treats, angel food cake, peanut brittle, fresh bananas, orange segments or apples.
Do I need a fondue pot?
You don’t need a fondue pot to create this recipe! Make the chocolate sauce on the stove top using a large pot and large metal or glass bowl to create a boiler. Then pour all the mixed and melted ingredients into a small slow cooker to keep the chocolate sauce warm for dipping.
Chocolate Fondue Recipe
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
⅓ c coconut milk
⅓ c heavy cream
1 t vanilla extract
large metal or glass bowl
fondue pot or small slow cooker
- Make a double boiler by putting a few inches of water into a large pot and fit a bowl on top.
- Place on stovetop on low heat.
- Pour chocolate chips into the bowl in the pot.
- Add coconut milk and heavy cream.
- Stir often, until chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth. Don’t let sauce boil — boiling will result in a lumpy consistency.
- Once the mixture is completely melted, remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour chocolate mixture into fondue pot or small slow cooker to keep the sauce warm for serving.
- Arrange sweets and fruits on a platter for dipping.
- Use skewers to dip into chocolate and enjoy!
If you like this recipe, you may also like our online recipes for Chocolate and Orange Croissant Pudding, Stout Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches with Stout and Espresso Caramel Sauce or White and Dark Chocolate Pots de Crème.